Thursday 4 March 2010

Where have I been??


I just realised that I haven't posted anything on here recently. This is due to the fact that I've just been so busy recently. Ok, maybe that's a lie. It's because I've spent far too much time masturbating. There's another lie. I think. Anyway, I know I have to pull my proverbial finger out and start putting more effort into this blog. This has got me thinking about another form of lying that wasn't really discussed; lying to yourself. "I've been meaning to do it!" "It'll be ok, I've got plenty of time". "This game of Fifa/pint/film/book is more important". These are all excuses, reasons given by our procrastinating selves to not do what is important and actually needs to be done. So in a way, we lie to ourselves everyday. No wonder we do it so easily to other people. But how far would you go. How easy would it be to convince yourself that what you were doing was ok? The best example I could come up with of severe self deception is honour killing. The fact that you could kill someone in your own family is bad enough. But the fact that you could convince yourself that you were doing it for the 'honour' of your family is sickening. Below is a link that gives a brief overview on honour crimes and a link to the story of Banaz Mahmod, who is mentioned in the first link. I hope that you'll agree this is about as bad as being bad gets.

www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/honourcrimes/crimesofhonour_1.shtml

www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/jul/20/ukcrime.uknews4

1 comment:

  1. Hey i really am amazed,your blog is great and indeed very appealing. Great work.

    ReplyDelete