Monday 3 May 2010

O Mother, Where Art Thou?


I was reading a story in a local newspaper today about a baby that had been abandoned in a car park. Normally these kind of things would just pass me by, but today it made me really angry for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm thinking about things with my 'being bad' head on again, but surely this kind of behaviour has to come under that category?? I mean, if you're going to abandon a baby, maybe you should think about not having it in the first place?? I understand accidents can happen but maybe the person involved shouldn't have gotten themselves in this situation in the first place. I know this is a sweeping generalisation, but it's one to think bout. Below is a link to a story regarding the action being taken by a hospital in Canada. Judge for yourself whether it's a good move or not. I'm a firm believer in prevention rather than cure. Wear a cap!

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/parentcentral/babiespregnancy/babies/article/803207--vancouver-hospital-sets-up-drop-off-for-unwanted-babies

No comments:

Post a Comment